Coral reefs are among the most threatened ecosystems in the marine world yet represent the most ecologically and economically valuable habitats on the planet. In this course students will be introduced to core concepts in marine biology and ecology specific to the coral reefs of the Indo-Pacific. Students will learn how to observe and monitor aspects of the reef that provide managers and scientists the information they need to carry out focused conservation measures.
8 people minimum - 12 people maximum
21 days (Available only during October or February)
30,000THB – (Food not included)
· Transport from Bangkok to the center
· Dive Boat Rental
· Island accommodation for the duration of the course (shared).
· A minimum of 15 field survey dives
· SCUBA equipment rental
· Training costs
· Certification costs (2 core modules, 1 specialised)
· Course materials and field survey equipment
· Transport from the center back to Bangkok
· Initial transport into Bangkok
· Organisation of 14-day quarantine-on-arrival (if international).
· Accommodation in Bangkok
· Food, however packages are available