Recent years have provided a glimpse into the diversity of life in the Gulf of Thailand, with dozens of previously unrecorded species and several new to science being documented by ATMEC staff. The Benthic Ecology course aims to combine a holistic introduction to tropical marine ecology and a chance to put students at the forefront of marine exploration by surveying the unexplored. The course offers a chance to study hidden organisms up close and learn about what makes the Gulf a unique environment in the world’s oceans.
8 people minimum - 12 people maximum
21 days (Available only during November or March)
30,000THB – (Food not included)
· Transport from Bangkok to the center
· Dive Boat Rental
· Island accommodation for the duration of the course (shared).
· A minimum of 15 field survey dives
· SCUBA equipment rental
· Training costs
· Certification costs (2 core modules, 1 specialised)
· Course materials and field survey equipment
· Transport from the center back to Bangkok
· Initial transport into Bangkok
· Organisation of 14-day quarantine-on-arrival (if international).
· Accommodation in Bangkok
· Food, however packages are available